Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Kanye still beefin' with Bush?!?

In an interview with Matt Lauer , George W Bush has revealed that racism accusations such as Kanye West saying that "George Bush doesn't care about black people" after Hurricane Katrina were among the worst times of his presidency.
Of the harsh words, which were made during a Katrina fundraiser, the former President says, "That [means], 'He's a racist,' And I didn’t appreciate it then. I don’t appreciate it now. ... I resent it, it's not true, and it was one of the most disgusting moments in my presidency."

In excerpts of an interview with Mr Bush by NBC's "Today" show, the former president was asked about West's comment that "George Bush doesn't care about black people".
The accusation arose because many blacks were affected by the hurricane that ravaged Louisiana and other Gulf Coast states, and Mr Bush came under sharp criticism for his handling of the disaster.
Mr Bush, whose Today show interview is to be aired next Monday, said West's charge was tantamount to being called a racist.
"And I didn't appreciate it then. I don't appreciate it now. It's one thing to say, 'I don't appreciate the way he's handled his business'. It's another thing to say, 'this man's a racist,'" Mr Bush said.
"I resent it, it's not true," Mr Bush said. "And it was one of the most disgusting moments in my presidency."
He said his record was strong "when it came to race relations and giving people a chance."

Bush, why didn't you address this at the time that it happened?
No disrespect Bush, but you have a book coming out soon. We see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment